Friday, January 14, 2005

HOTEL RWANDA: Most Significant Film of 2004

Hotel Rwanda is certainly the most significant film of 2004. I want to single it out for its witness to courage and the power of one person and his family, to step forward and do what needs to be done to save the lives of others - sharing the same risk of death.

Don Cheadle's performance as hotel mamager Paul Rusesabaginais is Oscar worthy, and it would not surprise me if Sophie Okonedo as his wife Tatiana gets a nomination as well.

When the world refused to help and looked the other way, Paul Rusesabagina stayed. Hotel Rwanda tells the story with grit and grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was watching the Golden Globes this evening and I saw a preview of it, and I think it looks very good!  There was also nominations for another movie you wrote about, the Sea Inside!!