Friday, February 25, 2005

My Oscars 2005

Given the nominations, there are no clear front-runners for any category, except Best Director, which I think Martin Scorsese deserves. However, I live in hope. I have seen all these films except BORN INTO BROTHELS, SR. ROSE'S PASSION and THE CHORUS, but I am going by what I have read and heard from friends- which can be risky, true, but I am hoping for the best. I eliminated a couple of categories because I hadn't seen nor heard of them before. I think the following deserve Oscars:

 

BEST PICTURE
Finding Neverland


ACTOR
Don Cheadle, Hotel Rwanda
 

ACTRESS
Hilary Swank, Million Dollar Baby
 

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jamie Foxx, Collateral
 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Cate Blanchett, The Aviator
 
 

DIRECTOR
Martin Scorsese, The Aviator
 

FOREIGN FILM
The Chorus
 
 

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
Born Into Brothels
 

DOCUMENTARY (SHORT SUBJECT)
Sister Rose's Passion

 

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
The Motorcycle Diaries


ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Hotel
Rwanda
 

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Shrek 2

 
FILM EDITING
The Aviator
 

ART DIRECTION
The Phantom of the Opera

CINEMATOGRAPHY
The Passion of the Christ
 

COSTUME DESIGN
The Aviator
 

MAKEUP
The Passion of the Christ


No comments: