Friday, February 25, 2005

Oscars 2005: My Guess List

Oscars 2005: Who will win? Here's my best guess list based on buzz as well as the quality of the productions. Sometimes I may not like the message or subject matter of a film, but it would be impossible for me to ignore its artistic or emotional impact. I did not see BORN INTO BROTHELS but have read about it and heard about it from friends; AUTISM IS A WORLD is another one I didn't see, but a favored topic (as is the Holocaust, e.g. SR ROSE'S PASSION but I am taking a guess here...). I have seen all the other films. So here is my guess list:

 

BEST PICTURE
Ray
 

ACTOR
Jamie Foxx, Ray

ACTRESS
Hilary Swank, Million Dollar Baby
 

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Thomas Haden Church, Sideways
 

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Natalie Portman, Closer

DIRECTOR
Martin Scorsese, The Aviator
 

FOREIGN FILM
The Sea Inside
 

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
Born Into Brothels
 

DOCUMENTARY (SHORT SUBJECT)
Autism Is a World

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Finding Neverland
 
ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Vera Drake

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
The Incredibles

FILM EDITING
The Aviator
 

ART DIRECTION
The Phantom of the Opera
 

CINEMATOGRAPHY
The Passion of the Christ
 

COSTUME DESIGN
Lemony Snicket's...
 

MAKEUP
The Passion of the Christ

 

No comments: